Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mark's 23rd Birthday!



For Mark's birthday, I of course had to continue my family tradition
of waking him up bright and early to open presents. He didn't really
know this was coming, and was... well.... a little upset that i had the
nerve to turn the light on and come in singing at 7:00 in the morning.
(its not like we weren't supposed to get up at 6:30 or anything) But,
once i reminded him that it was his birthday, explained to him that it
is tradition and he better get used to it, and he had a minute to adjust
to the light and wake up, he was quite excited.

After presents, Mark informed me that he would like some danishes
for breakfast. Of course he couldn't think of that the night before when
i asked him what he wanted, so we didn't have everything to make
them with. So me being the little people pleaser that I am, got dressed
and went to the store to buy some ingredients for his breakfast. (I have
to admit, that they were so good, it was well worth the trip to the store.)

So then, we both had to go to school and work all day. But later that
night we met at Olive Garden for dinner. I got there a little before Mark,
so I asked the people if when they called our name, if they could call
"Mark, the birthday boy!" they agreed, and it was quite funny. When they
called us, Mark just stared at the girl and said "Are you serious??" Yeah,
what can i say? I'm a dork. So dinner was wonderful, except for the fact
that Olive Garden has stopped doing their endless pasta bowel. i know.
its quite heart breaking. Also, I told our waiter that it was Mark's birthday,
and all we got a was a "oh, happy birthday man!" no free dessert, no
singing happy birthday, no nothing. But the food was great despite that.

So after dinner, we went to the store and bought Mark a new pair of jeans,
which he looks so cute in. Then we came home and i made his cake of choice,
Strawberry Shortcake. I of course hate strawberry's, so i had some wonderful
brownies instead!! As you can see from the pictures, we didn't have any
traditional candles. So we had to improvise with the only candles we did have.

Anyway, thats about it! Sorry we didn't take more pictures, even though i
had my camera with me, i always forget to actually use it. oh well.

2 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Happy Birthday Mark!!! Sounds like it was lots of fun. Mean Callie for waking you up so early! We love ya!! How old are you now??

allison said...

Happy Birthday to our newest addition!
You give me the name and number of your waiter and i'll call to yell at him. what a rip off! (and it's a shame that you can't fill your BOWEL with pasta! he he he)
ya, get use to our weird birthday morning tradition. jason kind of liked it at first, but he still complains every once in a while.
Anyway-- hope it was a great one. sorry we forgot to call. mom sent an email saying when your birthday was, but as usual i forgot. i'm getting old and my mind is slipping, what can i say?
love ya!
Allison