Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Real Halloween

So everybody can stop being so disappointed in me, because i did end up dressing up for Halloween. I was Hermione from Harry Potter. It was a very last minute decision and I had to use things that i already had. (Mostly from Mark's side of the closet) I decided to be Hermione because Mark and I had planned to take his nephew Strauss to a town about half an hour away that was doing a special "Harry Potter Halloween." In this one neighborhood, everyone decorated their house like a location from Harry Potter. One house was King's Cross Station, another was Snape's office, another was Gringott's Bank. There were about 20 houses that were doing it, so we were really excited.

BUT, on our way to pick up Strauss, we decided to call and confirm that he was still coming with us. We called to discover that he had just left with his friends. Yes, we were ditched by a 10 year old. So we were pretty disapointed, and decided it would be kinda awkward if we went trick or treating without some kind of a kid with us. so instead we went back to our apartment and ordered pizza and watched the first Harry Potter movie with Wendy.


By the way, i did go to school like this too. I even carried my books like this instead of in my bag like I normally do. Some people could even tell who i was!!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

That neighborhood sounds like so much fun. I want to go there! I can't believe Strauss stood you up when you were going somewhere like that. Sad.

Cheryl said...

Oh.. I forgot to say that you looked awesome. Doug and I knew who you were before we read it. I love Hermione.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Hey Callie! I just read your post about sick Mark. I have a friend who's husband is going to that A.T. Still School right now. If you wanted to ask them about it I could get you connected with them. Her husband is doing psychiatry but I'm sure he could still tell you how he likes the school.

Mauzy Fam said...

Love the costume - glad you didn't totally give up on Halloween..ha ha just kidding.

Jason said...

now that's more like it!!! see-- it doesn't cost a fortune to dress up. you looked cute! but what about mark? or was he a party pooper?
that neighborhood sounds so cool! i totally would have gone-- even without kids.

Sanya said...

Mark should've dressed up like Ron (died his hair red, of course) and then you two could've SNOGGED all night Harry Potter style! Your costume was great, you really did look like a know-it-all goody goody. Oh wait... you are! Hee hee. You know I love you Keddy Weddy.