Friday, October 9, 2009

Dreams

This is Mark Chiming in. . .You see, I have been thinking recently about some things that I have always thought would be cool to do/see/be, but thought were somewhat inaccessible. Let me give you four of many ideas about what I am talking about.

First, I was raised knowing that James Bond was the coolest (besides Condorman), and that I needed to drive his kind of car. I have decided that maybe I never will own an Aston Martin, but I need to drive one for a day at some point.

Second, due to my love for skiing, I have always wanted to heliski. I don't need to jump 30 feet out of the helicopter onto a cliff of Alaskan snow, but I want to take a helicopter to the top of some mountain to ski down.

Third, I want to drive a Big-Rig! Just give me the open road and let me have at it for an hour.

Fourth, I know El Camino's may seem ugly to some, not I, I think it would be the coolest to get an old one and restore it to its amazing glory.

Needless to say, I have some interesting things on my list of things I want to do. Now how in the world can I make it happen? The Aston Martin dealership in Scottsdale, AZ wouldn't even let me touch the Vanquish. Jumping out of a helicopter to ski just sounds expensive. I don't want to have to get my CDL to drive a Big-Rig. I ski, I golf, I study, I don't restore cars.

Some of the coolest things out there seem just that, out there! I want to do a little research project with the help of those of you that read this. Post to this message or email Callie or I one or two or ten of your dreams. I want to see what I can find out to make it more accessible.

If your dream sounds silly, don't worry, I like El Camino's

Mark

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Horseback riding in Colorado! That's my dream. Why colorado? I have no idea, it just looks pretty in pictures. I don't want a silly ride where your horse follows a path and other horses. I want someone to give me a horse, teach me a few things, and let me really ride. I've also made a list of 100things I want to do before I die. It's not up to 100 yet and I have only crossed off a couple. (The Price is Right was one of them).

I think it's all possible. Maybe not here and now, but if it's something you REALLY want, someday you can get/do it.

Thanks Mark - you got me thinking.

Cheryl said...

Interesting.
Let's see. I have actually been able to do a few- like swimming with dolphins which was amazing and going to Prince Edward Island....
but as for the ones I have not done and don't know if I'll ever do....
1) climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
2) go in a shark cage somewhere- preferably one that doesn't have that big space in the middle of it..
3) track tigers in China
4) traipse around England
5) go to the countries of my ancestors- Germany, Sweden, Wales, Norway
6)See the pyramids in Egypt
7) Go to Australia and to the Australia zoo
8) Meet Jeff Corwin
9) Become a published author
10)Drive a convertible yellow beetle
11) Take Abi to Disneyworld for her 5th or 6th birthday
12) Take a train trip somewhere
13) Go to Hawaii, Alaska, and North Dakota so I'll have officially been to every state
14) Get a full nights sleep

That was fun. Thanks Mark. Hey, did you see our ski area on our blog? That one might not be too expensive to heli ski on...

CS Fenn said...

Well HELLO Mark. Your ve-ry interesting post made me realize that... A)Either I am way out of touch with my dreams, or B)I dream small, because I can't even think of what to say here. Actually, I always did want to marry Calvin, and CHECK, been there, done that, still doing that. And I guess when I was a kid, I wanted to be in the Olympics, marry Michael Jackson (gag), and be one of those people at Sea World that dives off of Shamu's nose, but I wanted to add cool flips and maybe some pyrotechnics... jk about the pyrotechnics.

Of course there are a million things I'd love to do - traveling, epic vacays with the fam, becoming a genius, doing something fabulous to become filthy rich but NOT famous... The standard set of somewhat inaccessible dreams. But I'll have to mull it over in my mind a little before I post my final answer. :)

By the way... your dreams are totally vehicular... a helicopter, a big rig, two cars and skis. DRIVEN. You must be going somewhere!