Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dinner Catastrophe

So yesterday Mark and I were in a hurry! We were doing laundry, had to go to mutual, trying to arrange for our carpets to be cleaned (we have lived in our apartment for almost 2 years!!!),and trying to set up interviews for church. And in the middle of all of that, we had to have dinner. We decided on sloppy joes. because honestly, who doesn't love slopppppy joes? (and not to mention they are fast.) So i set out to make dinner while Mark was making calls. I finished cooking the meat and both Mark and I went to get the laundry (have i mentioned how much i HATE not having my own washer and dryer?? HATE HATE HATE!!!!).

When we were walking back into the apartment i was so excited to walk in the door and smell glorious sloppy joe meat! I walked in and was immediately very confused. I didn't smell sloppy joes at all! it was very very different. So i walked over to my meat and realized what i had done. I made taco meat. I dont know how that happened! so after some serious laughing and me being a bit heart broken and disappointed ( i believe my exact words were "i don't want no stinkin' tacos!") we had nachos instead!

And, i earned the award for the dorkiest cook of all time. Apparently i should not be allowed in the kitchen while under pressure.

4 comments:

CS Fenn said...

Catastrophe averted! Nachos beat sloppy joes ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! It was a freudian slip - you THOUGHT you wanted sloppy joes, but your psyche knew better, and VOILA! Nachos!

Mark and Callie said...

You've obviously never had my sloppy joes!

CS Fenn said...

You've obviously never had my nachos! Sounds like it's time for a sister's duel... your kitchen or mine? ;) P.S. The weather is getting really nice here, so I vote for mine.

Kat said...

at least you can laugh about it and turn it around. :) I think you're great! and... I know what that's like, not having your own washer and dryer! Do you have a central place at your apartment complex?