Friday, March 12, 2010

Morning Glory

I am not, i repeat, NOT a morning person. let me rephrase that, i love the mornings! i love to get things done and feel like i have accomplished something before the afternoon comes. however, to take that first step out of bed is NOT my thing.

Once i am up and going i am fine and dandy, but if you want me to get up and going, you will have to move heaven and earth. Just ask Mark. i think i may have brought him to tears the other day with all the mean things i said when he was trying to get me out of bed. (sorry honey! I'm not myself i promise!) This is where i would like to discuss the real me, and the morning (in bed) me. As probably everyone who reads this knows, i am a fairly nice person, or at least i like to think so. but the bed me will do, or say, anything to stay in bed; even for just 1 more snooze. I am the master of convincing myself that i have all the time in the world to get ready and be to work on time, even though i only have 30 minutes.

The real me is very practical. she makes plans, has goals, and has a whole list of things she would LOVE to wake up early for. but when the time comes for me to get out of bed and do all those things, the bed me takes over. its a horrible thing.

I have always had this problem. i just love to sleep and lay in my nice comfy bed.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm the same way. You think by now I would be used to having kids that want to be awake at 5 but when Abi comes in in the morning I am NEVER ready to get up. Every night I think I'll stay up when doug leaves so I can work out and shower before the girls wake up.. never happens.
Maybe one of these days I'll get my morning motivation back.

-Danica- said...

Ha me too! I am having to take this medicine right now 4x a day and it has to be every 6 hours. So that means, 6 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, and midnight. 6 am. Seriously?? everytime i wake up to take it i convince my self that i can go back to sleep and take it later. So ridiculous!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

ha! I am the EXACT same way. I am a totally different person when I'm still sleepy/laying in bed. Our poor husbands!