Sunday, October 12, 2008

Anniversary Weekend!


So it's official!! We have been married for one whole year! To celebrate, we stayed in Midway, Utah at Mark's cousins cabin. This is me waiting in the car for Mark to get us some drinks for the 30 min . drive there.

Mark started a tradition this year. He is going to get me one white rose for our anniversary for every year we have been married. So this year i got one, on our 50'th I'll get 50. cute huh. and i thought pretty practical, because by that time, maybe we can afford it!! So here i am with this years rose.Us taking a cheesy picture while we are driving there

We thought this would be a cool picture, but it didn't turn out so well because you cant really see the mountains. But oh well.


I put these on in the wrong order, but you'll get the idea. These are the inside of the cabin. As you will see, it looks a little strange, but it's way cute. The people who built it (I'm not sure when, but a long time ago.) immigrated over here and didn't have a lot of money, but for some reason they had some telephone poles, so they built it out of those.


There isn't any insulation in this little house, so it was FREEZING!!! it was even snowing for a while when we were there, and it was just about the same temperature inside as outside. But there was a fireplace, so we stayed on the couch with blankets and hot chocolate for most of the time.


Mark locking up the garage




View from the porch


The baconator


Yummy!! Mark's a great chef!

This is me with the gift Mark got me before i opened it. In case you can't tell, he wrapped it with one of our wedding pictures! isn't he SOOO sweet?? We never got a picture with it unwrapped, but Mark got me my first ever Nixon watch!! it is so so cute!! If you are really interested you can do a search for the Nixon Loft watch. (i got the blue one)


So the next morning we got up and went to some outlet stores in Park City. I got this snow jumpsuit for a GREAT deal. It's normally $289.00 ($306.00 with tax) and we got it for $32.00!! ($36 with tax) We are some pretty cool shoppers. In case you can't tell, its too big for me, but with a deal like that how can you pass it up?? I may look like an astronaut, but I'll never get cold playing in the snow again!!


Mark got this cute shirt at Gap for $3.99! what a silly stud!!

Mark already had this shirt in maroon and loves it, so he was very excited to get another one in a new color.

That night, after dinner we used our new Fondue pot i got as a surprise for Mark. It was so tasty and romantic!

I'm kinda a dork and kept getting chocolate all over my face, so Mark couldn't resist pulling out the camra. It was just so yummy i couldnt help it!

So that was pretty much it, we had a great relaxing time and are so grateful for Rachelle and Morgan for letting us stay there! It was awesome!

5 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Yeah, Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a lot of fun. And I LOVE that sexy snow suit. Where's the post about the new hair?? You look so different.

Jason said...

...and we all said you'd never last! ha ha, you know i'm totally joking.
cute pictures, but why didn't you post when you first did your hair? that was a shock. i like it. you've never had it that dark, have you? and it's getting pretty long too.
i liked that place you stayed! it looked funky and cool.
congrats on putting up with each other for a whole year!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you guys had a good time up there. You're so cute.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

What a fun time! Wow your hair is different, when did that happen?

CS Fenn said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Ked, you look like Anne Hathaway in 'Get Smart' in that picture where you're gazing longingly at the bacon! I didn't know you were a... what? Not redhead, not brunette... brunred? I don't know. You do look way different. I thought I got the wrong blog there for a minute ;)