Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rock Canyon Hike

After our wonderful excursion to the Y, we decided that this summer we would do a hike every Saturday morning. Yesterday, we decided to hike up rock canyon in Provo. We are "dog-sitting" for Wendy, so the wonderful Sydney came along.

Here is Mark trying to get her to drink at the water fountain; she wasn't interested.


This trail is so awesome because not only is it beautiful, but it runs along this great little river. (we don't know what river it is.)

Here is Mark chillin' on a big rock.


And me chillin' on a big log


This trail has 5 different bridges that you cross. Here they are:

1

2

3

crazy callie

4 (notice some we remembered to give the number, some we didn't)

5

mark and his buddy

This day, we decided just to hike to the trail head for Squaw Peak. So here we are.



Next Saturday we are going to actually hike Squaw Peak through here:

After we got to our destination, we tried to turn back to go home, but Sydney was too excited. She wanted to keep going so bad i could barely hold her!


On the way back down i decided that it would be real fun to throw a rock into the river.
So i did. (Notice Mark's beautiful action shot! and my nice shot-put throw)
After seeing how much fun i had with my rock, mark decided to throw an even bigger rock!

Nice throw mark!

I should add that on this hike Mark was trying real hard to be less of an "anti-hiker-social" so he said hi to every person we saw! Some of them were real nice, and others ignored him completely! ha ha! They need to work on their "anti-hiker-sociality"

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really miss being able to go in the mountains hiking!! You guys do the best things together.

Unknown said...

That's my favorite place. I love Rock Canyon. Have you checked out preserverockcanyon.com you need to.

Mauzy Fam said...

I love the bridge shots! And I love that Mark wants to be more social on the trails - maybe you'll find some hiking buddies!

Wendy said...

I love it! Thanks for taking Syd along! I can tell she LOVED it! You guys are so silly! I love the picture of Callie being crazy on the bridge!