Saturday, August 22, 2009

Worst Last Weekend Ever!!!

This is the last weekend before school starts, as well as the only weekend available for my dentist to take my wisdom teeth out. It was not my favorite. Luckily Mark got to go with me and observe/hold my hand.

I went to work for a couple hours in the morning and when i got home before the appointment, Mark had this cute little station all set up for me!


and a treat in the fridge!
I got two taken out; one on each side. The first one was already "there" like a regular tooth so he just stuck a wedge in there and pried it out. The second one was impacted so took some more "maneuvering" to get it out.

When they were doing the second one Mark decided he didn't like looking at me all painful and bloody and actually had to leave the room. such a softy!

I was awake the whole time, but they did give me the laughing gas. As i'm sure most of you know they put it over your nose, so when you want more you breathe through your nose, when you don't want anymore you breathe through your mouth. When they first started i got kinda dizzy so i stopped and forgot to start again after that. So i wasnt even a little bit loopy. sorry to disappoint.

Mark has been real good about making me put ice on my cheek so i won't swell up, but i do have a little. Here are some pictures of me looking quite ridiculous.



i don't know if you can tell in these pictures, but my right side (left in the picture) is a little swollen despite our icing efforts.

So on this last glorious weekend before school starts, i will be trying to be brave and heal so i can be all ready for my last semester!!!

2 comments:

Matt and Mal said...

Oh no! That is an awful last weekend :( BOO! If you need a friendly visit along with some ice cream or something, let me know ;)

CS Fenn said...

You don't even look swollen, you big sissy! ;) How cute that Dr. Mark was on the job, ready to take care of his favorite patient (wink, wink). I hope you're feeling better. If I was there, I'd make you a big, fat, delicious milkshake and you'd be instantly healed. Remember that the next time you are in need of recuperation, Keddy.