Thursday, March 12, 2009

Venting

I need to vent for a moment about my intense hatred for the way iceberg lettuce is packaged. I'm not sure how this happens, but Mark and I go through one of these babies every week. I have a theory that it is not because we necessarily eat the whole thing, it is just packaged so poorly that there is no way to keep it fresh. Therefore, we end up throwing half of it away because face it, nobody wants to eat limp leafs.

Does anybody else feel this burning dislike? As soon as i pull it out of the fridge i can just feel the pressure building. I KNOW yet again, i am not going to be able to get that "super" tape off of the extremely thin plastic without ripping it. And what do you know, it happens, a huge hole in the plastic that I'm pretty sure shrinks as soon as the lettuce is free, and can no longer even cover half of the "berg."

Can somebody please come up with a new way to wrap/package these things before i completely lose my marbles??

6 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

That's so true. I never really ever let it bother me before, but NOW it will.

Cheryl said...

Here Here!!

Sanya said...

Ked, let your big sister help you with this BIG problem. Ok, rip off the stupid bag and THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE! Slam the whole head of lettuce down hard on the counter (this is a therapeutic way to relieve some of your anti-lettuce packaging stress) so you can pull out the core. Break the leaves apart in the desired size. Wash and pat dry. Put the unused portion in a gallon size ziploc bag. You're stocked with ready-to-eat lettuce for at least a week! Now was that so hard?!

Kat said...

Hey Mark and Callie! How are you guys?? (Callie, I grew up a couple houses away from Mark, just so you know who I am!)
I am in the process of moving to Utah from Chandler! I remember when you got married.. I live like 5 minutes south of the cute place where you had your reception, and was going to drop in, but my mom told me the wrong date! Oh well. Sounds like you guys are super busy with work and school! Fun times! I graduated from ASU, last year, so it's great to be done!
I hope you guys will get to head to Mesa for dental school! I know people who work, and who have attended AT Still... great place!
Plus- Callie- I have some good friends from St. David! Browns, Atkinsons...???
Anyway, my blog is private, if you want to check it out, send me your email address to katjorge@Hotmail.com and I'll send you an ivite! If not, that's ok too. Have fun you two!

Melinda Shaha said...

Sorry about the lettuce. I'm sure it doesn't mean to annoy you :) But enough about the lettuce. I want to see a picture of your new haircut everyone has been raving about!

Natalie and Nathan said...

I completely understand! Lame lettuce!