Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mark's Quotes

Ok, so as some of you may or may not know, when Mark was growing up his parents only listened to the Carpenter's (and probably some MoTab). (I know, this explains SOOO much!) But yesterday Mark got his hands on a Carpenter's greatest hits CD. Let's just say that he is very nostalgic. He loves it. So much, that it makes him say really weird things. So here are a couple of his "Carpenter's quotes" from the last couple days as we have been driving in the car listening to it:

1) If there was an endless amount of new Carpenter's songs, I could drive around the whole world!
2) Callie, the Carpenter's make me love you even more! (followed by a look of deep concern and slight disgust from me)

I thought they were funny and let you see a little bit of how dorky Mark really is.

5 comments:

Kat said...

okay, confession... I totally love the carpenters! Karen Carpenter is awesome. I love "Sing a song." I'm not sure the real name of it. I want that CD! ;) hehe

CS Fenn said...

Oh my goodness... Calvin and Mark were meant to be BILs... Calvin loves them too. And it also kinda grosses me out.. ha ha! But you can't protest too much if it makes him love you more! ;)

Sherrilynn said...

LOL....when I saw this post, I just new one of the two comments were from Sanya about Calvin loving the Carpenters ha ha ha.

Hey we were raised on these corny songs and yes it does say A LOT. Callie and Sanya my husband Brady couldn't agree more with you gals on the weirdness factor of our love for the Carpenters!!!

Mark, I feel your love brother, and I am on top of the world.

-Sherri Bingham

P.S. Callie, love the blog! It is fun to keep in touch.

Cheryl said...

I love them too. I have to listen to their Christmas album every year when we decorate the tree. However, that is usually the only time. I had no idea they only listened to them. Doug is not a fan.

Williams said...

I think that I went to the same school as your husband. Did he go to Alta High School??