Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Countdown!

So I've been trying to think of things i could do for Mark for Christmas to make it really great despite our limited budget. I was looking through a Christmas book that Mark's mom gave me and I got this great idea. To build the anticipation for Christmas to come, I'm doing a 25 days of Christmas countdown. Every night until Christmas Eve Mark gets to open one of these little box presents!


These pictures didn't really turn out, but i promise it looks really good. As you can imagine in our little apartment there arent many banisters to hang things from, so i had to use the already stuffed bookcase.

I insisted on making them as cute and fancy as possible and for some reason thought that glitter would be a good idea. Well i think they turned out cute but now our apartment and not to mention Mark and I are covered in glitter. Now i know why my mom would never let me play with glitter growing up.

I had to get pretty creative to think of so many things to put into all of these boxes, so most of them have some candy and a "coupon" for Mark. They are just silly things like a back rub and other stuff like that.

Also, I thought I would share our little pathetic tree. This is it!! not much of a tree i know. BUT GUESS WHAT??? Today at work my boss said he would let Mark and I have a real tree for FREE! (he has several tree lots) All we have to do is go pick one out!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a cute idea. I love the little boxes. That is great you get to pick out a tree for free too.

Mauzy Fam said...

Yeah for a free tree!! How fun and nice of your boss. I love the little box idea. Too cute and I bet all the effort really means a lot to Mark. I already miss you guys!!

Mauzy Musings said...

That is a great tradition. And when you have kids you could keep it up and it would be fun for them to open something each day for Christmas. I didn't see #24 & #25. Are they under the tree??? That would be even a better idea to have 2 big one's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Great idea!!!!

CS Fenn said...

Aaaw Ked, you're such a sweetie. Mark is a lucky man! But I don't think you did too bad for yourself either. I miss you guys too! We had so much fun with you here!