Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

So for Christmas this year we ended up staying at Mark's parents house in Sandy. Our original plan was to stay at our apartment on Christmas eve, have Christmas morning here and then head up to his parents house. But, the weather had other plans. We checked and it was supposed to be snowing pretty bad exactly when we wanted to be driving, so we decided to just do the whole thing in Sandy. So This is us Christmas morning:


Mark with his stalking

As you can see, Mark did all of his own wrapping. Notice how he ran out of ribbon, so he tied two pieces together. Such a smarty!

The grandness of the gifts. That furry thing at the bottom of the table is Wendy's dog Sydney's tail.

DISCLAIMER: My eyes are extremely red in every picture and I don't have time to go fix them all. So I look a little satanic in every picture.

One of my gifts to Mark: Roger Moore's book "My Word is My Bond". Mark really likes 007 and was very excited for this

So here is the funny story of Mark's gifts to me. I told him that i wanted new Sunday clothes. So Mark being a guy, took his sister Wendy to help him pick out things for me. However, lets just say that Wendy is a bit short and when she held the dresses up to her, they went past her knees. Let's just say they barely covered my butt and now i have several new very cute sweaters!!!


Mark and I had a budget for our gift buying, and i was getting towards the end of mine. Can you see the disappointment?? In my defense, my family had a bingo game growing up and I LOVED it. We have yet to play, but I anticipate very fun times to come.


Us with our fabulous gift from Jordan and Tamra, a gift card to Kohls. I can't wait to use it!!


New Sunday tights. These did fit by the way


Last year for Christmas Mark got me a bunch of little sample perfumes. This year he got me the full version of my favorite one from last year. So here are last years model and this years. By the
way, it is called Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren.


Mark opening my main gift to him

YIPPEE!!! Tickets to go see the Jazz vs. the Suns. (Go Suns!!)


Me with my favorite "dress" of the bunch

So, Mark and I ended up staying several more days at his parent's house just hanging out with his family. His sister Melinda and her husband Jake (who has been in Iraq for the last year) were here this year. AND, Jake brought the game rock band with him. I'm pretty sure we played for 3 days straight. We had a blast and actually got pretty good.

Anyway, this is the cottage in Mark's backyard where we slept when we were there. Can you see the mini donkeys? Mark's mom got them for her live nativity on Christmas Eve. (I was an angel and Mark was a centurion. I'll have to find pictures from someone else.)

We had a great Christmas and are so grateful for our wonderful and generous families! A special thanks to both of our Mom's for their awesome gifts for us!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey- now you and Abi are twinners! She can still fit into her dresses from two years ago but has to wear dresses one to two sizes too big to have them be past her thighs so I usually have her wear her old dresses over jeans!

CS Fenn said...

You guys are so cute. The Sunday dresses crack me up! But really Ked... BINGO?! Mark's face in that picture says it all! The only way to redeem yourself on that one is to ALWAYS play it as strip bingo, and use some pretty saucy lingerie. ;)