Monday, December 22, 2008

For Abby

So I noticed that on Nathan and Shelly's blog that they got some "snow" in Houston and that Abby was very excited about it. So I decided I couldn't bring the snow to her, but I could show her what real snow is like. We woke up this morning to a big snow storm, so i ventured out to take some pictures for Abby.

Right outside our apartments. You can't really tell, but it was really coming down. (Also notice that I got my hair done. You can't really tell because I was doused with snow the second I stepped outside, but I got some highlights in. The first step to getting rid of the stupid stupid brown)

Views leading up to our apartment:

the view from our living room window:

I had planned on going to the gym and grocery shopping this morning, but after looking outside and seeing this, I decided it would be safer to stay off of the roads until this storm passes.

Every morning we get up Mark goes to the window to see if it snowed the night before. When he discovers that it did (and sometimes when it didn't) he sings this song:

It snowed last night
It snowed last night
The angels had a pillow fight

It's really dorky, but I love it!

Anyway, I hope you liked the pictures Abby. Sorry it's not more exciting. It was too cold to stay out to get better pictures. You will just have to come visit us here and we can go play in the snow!

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Ha Ha ha!! Mark you're a nerd!! "the angels had a pillow fight" ha ha ha!! I can't stop laughing. In our family we call angels...angles. Ask Tara!!

Cheryl said...

I didn't know you had a Abby besides our Abi! That's fun that you took snow pictures for her. How nice. I like the pillow fight thing. I might have to use that.

CS Fenn said...

Aawww, I like Mark's song. Here's the song I sing when I look out the window in the summer:

It's an oven outside,
It's an oven outside,
A little preview to what hell is like! (So be good)

It doesn't seem to have the same ring to it that Mark's does... darn it!