Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tradition

Ever since Mark and I got married, we have had this unofficial tradition. Every "regular" Saturday (a Saturday where we don't have anywhere to be) we sleep in then get up and make danish's. Then we eat them while we watch "Sell This House" and "Flip This House" on A&E. I absolutely love it. Our schedules have been kinda crazy lately so we haven't done it in a while and i really miss it. But i hope we start again soon and do it for the rest of our lives!!

this picture does NOT do them justice.

Mark and Callie's Danish's

2 cups Original Bisquick Mix
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup milk or cream (obviously cream tastes better!)

mix in a mixing bowel with a pastry blender
shape into large balls and make a well in each one
fill each well with jam

bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes

Glaze:
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons warm water
1/4 teaspoons vanilla

pour over baked danish's

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I LOVE The new background!! And I also love the danish, I made some on Sunday! Yummy, yummy!

Matt and Mal said...

Yummy! I'm excited to try the recipe! PS- we should practice interpreting soon!

Cheryl said...

Sounds good-I'll have to try them. Doug and I used to watch cartoons and eat waffles every Saturday morning when we were dating and first married but now we take turns every other Saturday having to get up with Abi.
You guys are seriously the cutest couple I think I've ever seen. You are so perfect for each other.

Unknown said...

I love danishes. You are so fancy for making them yourself. I'll have to try now.

CS Fenn said...

Yum! Thanks for including the recipe - can't wait to try it! Before Calvin & I had kids, our tradition was that I'd bake a pie every Sunday. That hasn't happened for... (how old is Kyle?) well - over 9 years now! I guess we need to come up with a less labor-intensive tradition... :) You guys are so adorable!