Thursday, July 2, 2009

Treasure Hunt

So when i came home from work today i found this on the table:

So i read it, and immediately think of the fake flowers we have in our bathroom. (yes i know this is what you would say "tacky" but trust me, it's better than nothing) So i look in there, thinking that maybe Mark switched them out for some new ones or something, but they're the same and everything looks just like i left it. So i think, maybe i got it wrong and i should look in other places. i re-read it and think "certain location" this can only mean one thing to Mark: the refrigerator. But yet again, nothing. So i continue looking everywhere. Before long i give up and just call Mark to tell him i can't figure out where he put my prize. He just laughs at me and says "I tried to make it hard." then he says "which one are you on?" so then i get it, there are more instruction cards. So i go back to the fake flowers and find this hidden in them:

I quickly hang up with Mark because i want to figure it out on my own. So i read it. Nothing. Trident?? we don't have any gum. and since when does Mark like Trident? Obviously the underlined letters have something to do with it. LITR. Did he mean litter?? am i supposed to look in the trash? So i call Mark back to tell him i can't figure out this one either. Apparently only the L and T are underlined. So??? still nothing. Then Mark says "what do we refer to as LT?" Oh i get it "Learning Technics" (a program we are doing) So i hang up with Mark and run over to the basket we keep all the LT things in (in my defence, Mark has refered to Learning Technics as LT maybe 2 or 3 times in our lives) So i look and find this:


What the ????? So this time i don't even try. I just call Mark again. What the flip does this mean?? He asked me to read it to him so i said "curve arrow three forward arrow three forward slide I right bend and pull." Exactly, no sense whatsoever. So then he explains, curve arrow means turn around, three forward means take three steps forward, arrow means turn left, another three steps, slide I right means slide one step to the right, then bend over and pull. By following these instructions it took me to the desk (why he couldn't have said "go to the desk" I'm not certain)where i bent over (not really necessary, but amusing to watch i am sure) and pulled the drawer open and found these:

Zebra tissues. I love everything zebra (as long as its cute zebra and not ugly zebra). Isnt he so sweet? confusing, but sweet!

4 comments:

rachel said...

that is super cute!

Cheryl said...

That is awesome. I love that the clues were so hard. That's funny.

CS Fenn said...

What an adventure to find your zebra tissues! You guys are too cute & fun for your own good.

Mauzy Fam said...

All for zebra tissues!! I love you guys. Mark you are super creative and fun!!