Monday, February 23, 2009

Chess

So I'm not really sure why, but I have been really into playing chess lately. It all started a couple Sunday's ago and Mark and I were going through all of our games and playing a few. We played a game of chess and I should have won, but who knew that you HAVE to say "check" before you can kill the other guys king? not me. So Mark has always beaten me.... Until last night! I actually won! I've never won at chess before. I have absolutely no strategy except to try to kill the other guy and not get killed myself. So i know Mark is getting sick of me reminding him that i beat him, but I'm just so amazed with myself! This is the last time I'll bring it up honey I promise!

4 comments:

rachel said...

That's pretty amazing, I have never even attempted to get into chess! Many congratulations :)

Cheryl said...

Congrats! I am no good at chess. Doug always beats me at games. It's kind of annoying. The only game I've beat him at so far is Disney scene it.

Mauzy Fam said...

I've never played Chess in my life. And I think you're both nerds for even trying. Don't you know the stereotype - those that play Chess are NERDS!!

Melinda Shaha said...

Awesome job, Callie! Jake has a game called Khet that is Laser Chess. And I accidently won the other night. I was really happy even though it was a complete accident that I won! Games are always way more fun to play when you win! :)