Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Events

So Mark and I spent this weekend up at his parents house. Friday night for some reason Mark really wanted to go to this restaurant in Sandy called "The Philadelphian." Lets just say it was the dirtiest most disgusting place EVER. But Mark kept assuring me that the sandwiches were worth it. So I ordered a turkey sandwich, and Mark ordered a cheese steak sandwich. So, we got the food after about a half an hour in terror at being in such a filthy place and went to his parents house. We sat down, opened up our sandwiches to find that my turkey sandwich was just that. White bread with about a pound of turkey. that's it. no mayo, mustard, lettuce. Nothing. Then Mark opens his sandwich to discover that they forgot the cheese on his cheese steak. minor detail. So it was a pretty big disappointment.

But despite dinner, we still had a fun night and just hung out and watched the chassic "Top Gun". I had never really realized how extremely cheesy that movie is (unlike Mark's sandwich. Ha Ha i just crack myself up!)

Anyway, Mark's parents are out of town so we thought this would be a great time to surprise his Mom for her birthday in a couple weeks. She has wanted some things done at her house, so we took care of it this weekend. The first thing was that she wanted this closet painted. (Her dream has always been to open her closet and all of white her dishes will just "pop" out. (Silly? maybe. Cute? yes.)

So here are some "before" pictures


Second. She wanted the wall paper taken down from her laundry room




So now for the work pictures

Mark's brother Steven
Mark painting the closet


Cute Wendy in the sink

Steven and boys:


no comment. (in my defense, I have been sick all week)


Pizza break!
The mayhem

All done! We left a birthday message with our hand prints on the newly wallpaper-less wall

Overall, it was a lot of work but a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

How nice of you guys. I can't wait to see what gets done in the laundry room now and how the closet turned out.

Mauzy Fam said...

I want to see a picture of the closet all done. I need to see those white dishes POP! So, now she picks a paint color for the laundry room??

CS Fenn said...

Aaaw, you guys are so sweet! You know, I've been wanting a few things done around here... and my birthday is in April... hint hint.