Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

So here is a photo recap of our Valentines day this year. We started it off with a fabulous breakfast, made by me. This was the first year we didn't go out for breakfast for Valentine's, but we both agreed that my cookin' was better than both previous years. So here are some breakfast pics. Sorry we werent' in them, we weren't exactly dressed appropriately if you know what i mean.


Heart shaped waffles

and poppy seed muffins

So after breakfast Mark left to go observe and assist at "Give Kids a Smile." It's a once a year thing where dentists volunteer their time to work on less privileged kids.

While he was gone i finished my Valentine's cookies I started the night before.
Aren't they so cute?? Just so you know, they were delicious! Between my Beehive class, family dinner, and my visiting teaching girls, and not to mention Mark and I, they are all gone now.
So Mark finally got home and we opened presents

Mark got me this little photo album. It is full of lots of choices for me to choose different dates that we can go on. For each "choice" there was a picture of Mark acting it out.
So hear are some sample pictures that were in the album. Mark is so freakin cute!!!

This is the intro pic

This was for my "spa day"

Mark will make me cookies

Mark will make dinner (while i watch)

a ski trip (like i need a coupon for that. Mark would take me in a heart beat)

A movie rental night

And here is me with my beautiful flowers! (He also got me the shirt)

So we took a video of my gift to Mark, but it won't load for some reason. Just in case some of you don't know what i did, over the past two weeks i have been learning to play a song on the guitar. This was quite a task for me, seeing as i dont and have never played the guitar. It turned out OK. Of course i started crying in the middle of it and ruined it.

So after presents Mark and I went snow shoeing and stopped by Wendy's to say hello. Then we came home and watched a movie for about 20 minutes at which point we both fell asleep. It was great!

4 comments:

Arleen said...

I knew Mark had something up his sleeve! Very adorable. I want the recipe for the muffins. YUM!

CS Fenn said...

Awww, you guys are always so sweet and cute. Mark is so thoughtful! And I wish I could've heard your final version of the song - except the crying part, of course. I can picture that exactly (being a cry baby kind of runs in the family, if you hadn't noticed!).

Mauzy Fam said...

You guys are too cute. What a fun Valentines day. Mark is so creative. For some reason I don't think the video had trouble loading. You better get that video on there Callie. I wanna see it.

Melinda Shaha said...

Seriously - you guys were MADE FOR EACH OTHER - you are possibly the cutest couple I have ever seen/known/heard of! Callie you are so good at making those cookies! I am so glad that you guys make each other happy! You are too cute! So glad you are in our family! Love to you both!