Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh The Crazies I See

Long time blog reader, first time poster. I really just want to express my concerns about three individuals I have encountered in public over the past two days. Who raised these kids?!

Case #1
I knew I was bound to see something really exciting sooner or later riding public transportation. There I was keeping to myself thinking about anything but Chemistry/Biology, when I was rudely interrupted by a very angry couple. I am not too sure what the deal was, but some how the guy ended up in the seat right in front of me. Because his "girl" would not talk to him, he just sat sad as could be by his lonesome. To cope with he recent rejection he thought it might be a good time to roll up his bag of weeds. What a nut.

Case #2 & 3
We needed to pick up a few things from the store this evening, and this is where it all went south. I noticed this really tall woman with a cast on her leg and frizzy red hair right when we walked into the store. She was walking just ahead of us, and stopped by the small Jelly Belly dispenser on the end of an aisle. She then proceeded to open the lid, take a piece, and engulf it! I thought that was illegal. . .Just wait, it gets worse. I let that one slide, but then I saw her later on with a bag filled with the glorious beans. She was just snacking away as she was checking out the magazines, BEFORE she checked out! As many of you may know, candy is purchased by the pound when self scooped. Interesting how she will not be charged for the pound in her tummy.

Then this girl who was probably on her way to a chess club meeting (NERD) cut in front of us as we were waiting in line for the self-checkout. She realized that we were possibly waiting for the next available lane as she was and said "you were not waiting in line were you?" . Who is this girl?! Then she got behind us. . .get a load of this. . .She then ran to the next available self-checkout after she just confirmed we were next!

Callie was there for #2 and #3 and I needed to share my experiences with others. I hope you kind of liked it.

3 comments:

rachel said...

The nerve! I concur on all 3 examples. I find that people like this continue their behavior unless someone calls them out and then they are really (typically) embarrassed. I'm trying to be better at calling them out :)

CS Fenn said...

I did kind of like it, Mark! Hopefully it's the first of many posts for you... ;) You should've unleashed Keddy on those weirdos.

Melinda Shaha said...

Oh Moses, I love how everyone around you is weird. I think you are weird person magnet (well besides Callie :)Maybe SHE is the weird person magnet. hehe...

(did you get that? that was a joke about you being weird :)